Thursday, March 20, 2008

Kiss Series: The Secret Kiss

I hadn't seen him in a week.

It seemed rather presumptuous to assume he was taking the energy to avoid me, but I couldn't help but think that maybe he wanted to make sure that I didn't get the wrong idea about our previous rendezvous. I knew it was all in fun but I was still disheartened that the fun might end so soon after it had begun.

But then, one day, there he was again. I heard him speak to our mutual friend about how he'd just gotten back from vacation. I extracted myself from their presence, going to a back room to do some work and to avoid facing him. I did not want to hear about his vacation.

I tuned them out and set about my tasks; mentally took stock of all of the things I would do that evening that did not involve hanging out with him. My concentration was interrupted by the sound of his approaching voice. I tried to seem even more diligent in my task and uninterested in his impending presence but my movements slowed. I looked up to see him standing in front of me, a self-assured, embarrassingly sexy half-smile on his face. He was still speaking to our friend who was in the other room but he looked only at me, inspecting the shit-eating grin that was slowly spreading across my face.

"You know all about that, don't you?" he said to me, bringing me into the conversation in order to mask his true intentions.

I said nothing. There was nothing to say. He slipped his hands on my waist and pulled me into him. There was nothing for me to do but to get caught up into the moment, the kiss, the feel of his body against mine, the thrill of knowing that no one else knew.

"What're you doing later?" he asked me after we finally parted, after my vertigo subsided.

No comments: